Thursday, March 13, 2008
Coming from a place of love
If I had anxiety about Bug learning to read and write without being 'taught' it has left me just now. I am amazed at what can be achieved when one comes from a place of love. Bugsy has never show much interest in writing generally and I have tried to let go of it's importance and relevance in her 5 year old world. This morning though Dada came home from an all night shift nursing and Bug wanted to cuddle him until he fell asleep. When he was settled into sleep she decided he wanted to leave him a note in case he woke up and she had gone. We sat down togther and she composed a letter herself.... "dear dad, I have gone. I might be at a homeschooling meet up when you wake up. I love you. Bug." She had a reason to write something so she did and her motivation was to share her love. Dada has it in his hand now as he sleeps :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
trusting them is the key isn't it! How lucky she is
Wow, I've just found your blog via joyous learning, and I am blown away by your art, your beautiful children and your sensitive writing. What a gorgeous note to leave for her dad, he must have just cried with joy upon reading it. And how reassuring to know that when they need to write they will write.
Hi Nalin, he was delighted to find the note. Bug now writes notes to the fairies and in the sand for mermaids. It is so delightful to see it unfold. Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.
:)
Post a Comment