
Welcome! This is a place to share, record and to reflect. I hope to post about making art, including our family's adventure with unschooling..... and, well anything else that takes my fancy....
I am missing my little bug today. Only 5 and already on her first sleepover. After a homeschool meetup at Durrumbal Hall she decided to play at her friends house. It turned into a second attempt at a sleepover and I expected to see her at bedtime. JJ (who has just turned 3) cried his heart out and demanded we return for his beloved sister on several occasions but we both made it through. With a heart filled with separation and worry I went to bed, a part of me welcoming the spreading of her wings but feeling her absence like a stone inside. I woke up alot during the night, roaming and tossing around. Interestingly I was up at 3 am and 5.30 am which I later discovered were the times she woke up and needed her sleepover family for some support.
I asked her how she felt when she awoke and she said she could feel Mama's love all around her and saw a white light and rainbows around her. :)
I am missing my little bug today. Only 5 and already on her first sleepover. After a homeschool meetup at Durrumbal Hall she decided to play at her friends house. It turned into a second attempt at a sleepover and I expected to see her at bedtime. JJ (who has just turned 3) cried his heart out and demanded we return for his beloved sister on several occasions but we both made it through. With a heart filled with separation and worry I went to bed, a part of me welcoming the spreading of her wings but feeling her absence like a stone inside. I woke up alot during the night, roaming and tossing around. Interestingly I was up at 3 am and 5.30 am which I later discovered were the times she woke up and needed her sleepover family for some support.
I asked her how she felt when she awoke and she said she could feel Mama's love all around her and saw a white light and rainbows around her. :)
4 comments:
hi chrissy... look at that, one night without one of your kids and you go and set up a blog! I imagine we will see a fully animated short if both have a sleep over somewhere!
but speaking on behalf of the family that hosted your beautiful daughter i wanted to say what a wonderful time we had and how we enjoyed her company so much. I think ive become addicted to her wonderful laugh. She was so gentle and caring it makes me want to read your new blog with bated breath to get a sense of what happens in your family!
that's my long way of saying... welcome to the blogosphere and i will definitely be checking in regularly!
welcome to another addiction Chrissy. I look forward to following your journey thru your blog. What a wonderful brave move by T. They really do continue to amaze us don't they, and in turn encourage us to amaze ourselves :)
Arun, we are blesses to have met you lot. Bugsy said "Mum Arun is really mad. In a good way!"
Kelli, she is brave alright! Thanks for being here. x
What a beautiful story of your little one flying in her own time and space. And such a cute pic too! Welcome to blogland.
Post a Comment